Free BSD Boot-able USB not working
Ravi Raj
2018-11-21 07:39:39 UTC
Hi

I made Free BSD Boot-able USB, while trying to boot with it nothing
happens, a screen flashes by and my laptop continues to boot with the OS
(RedHat) currently installed!

Please let me know the solution!

Thanks

Ravi Raj

+91-8800404712
Ravi Raj
2018-11-21 10:52:02 UTC
Hi

In reference to my email below, the error i receive is:

failed to load '/boot/loader.efi'

panic: No bootable partition found!

Thanks

Ravi Raj

+91-8800404712
+91-8800404712
Devin Teske
2018-11-21 14:44:38 UTC
Post by Ravi Raj
Hi
failed to load '/boot/loader.efi'
panic: No bootable partition found!
Try using win32diskimager to write the USB image to disk. (You had mentioned using Windows in another ML)

Cheers,
Devin

Julian H. Stacey
2018-11-21 13:58:24 UTC
Hi Ravi Raj,
Please see https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2018-November/019323.html
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 09:24:58 +0100

Do not write simple user questions to arch@
Their rare time is best Not distracted from architecture design.

Send user questions to questions@

If you start hacking FreeBSD code, hackers@ is available

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Computer Consultant, Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich.
Brexit referendum stole 3,700,000 votes from Brits abroad, inc. 700,000 in EU